Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My poor baby! ----those dreaded 4 month shots.

Well, this mama is going through a whirlwind of emotions tonight, some of which include: exhausted, sleepy (two completely different things when you're a parent), heartbroken for my baby, frustrated, frazzled and all around loony....mixed in with a little bit of chocolate craving pms.

Why all the emotions? LJ had to have his 4 month shots today.  The appointment went well... he's still a peanut but his weight gain is going strong and he's at about the 25th %. He was all smiles and giggles for the appointment, showing off his super skills of standing (with support) and neck lifting.

Then... she walked in.  The second he felt the cool sensation of the antibacterial wipe, he started crying. Not just crying, but that "turn beat red in the face, screaming with no sound" cry.  I felt so bad. All I could do was kiss his face, tasting his salty tears fall as he got stuck.  The minute it was over, I picked him up and hugged him. The little trooper did great, and stopped crying the second he was in my arms.  I know it is for his own good (I am semi-crunchy, but pro vaccination), but it still hurts to hear my baby in pain.

But why so tired, Mama? Well... unlike the 2 month shots, he is not handling these as well. He has been Mister Fussmiester all afternoon and evening. The injection sites aren't red/swollen or irritated at all, but I can tell that this time around, he got the fussy side effects. Last time was great, he just slept all day...this time, not so much. I've basically been confined do doing things one armed all day. I can't get anything done, but I can't let myself leave him feeling alone and in pain either.

Poor thing... Feel better little man.



No comments:

Post a Comment